Thursday, November 3, 2011

Self Portraits... Kind of?

In class right now we are working on a temper - paint self portrait, where we draw ourselves from a picture, paint it, then ink over the entire drawing and rinse it off. After this happens, we simply rework everything that was lost.

I find this project extremely difficult because I am a detail type art person. I love to add the fine, small details in order to create a realistic image. Problem is, in this project detail doesnt really play a role, because it will all be lost anyway when you rinse it. I have problems with this, because it has taken me four days to finish one practice paper, and even that was forced!

Tomorrow i will begin the ink process on my practice. hopefully it goes well, or else my entire paper will be covered in color pencil.


Huge Paper :

Me! ( not really. looks nothing like me ) 






No comments:

Post a Comment