Thursday, October 31, 2013

Coloring Candy


Currently we are all in the Halloween spirit, and what better of a thing to draw during the Halloween season than candy! For our current project, we must draw the candy jar that has been placed on our tables - without pictures!

This has turned out to be quite difficult. To introduce us to colored pencils, Mrs. Kick gave us worksheets and showed us how to make certain colors lighter or darker- by using different colors! I am very new to working with colored pencils, and the medium confuses me a great deal, but it’s always good to learn something new. After finishing the color scale worksheet, I was reluctant to simply 'jump in' and start shading right on my sketch after only practicing on a worksheet, so I started experimenting on a piece of tracing paper.

 This is the tracing paper:

Yesterday, after a week of pure anguish, I decided to finally 'jump in' and start on my real drawing. After being terrified, this is how far I've gotten:



Hopefully it all turns out ok!






No comments:

Post a Comment