Tuesday, June 5, 2012

End of The Year :(

Well, I don't know where to start really. I cannot believe a year has come and gone already - time really flies doesn't it? I have to say My art class with Mrs. Kiick this year was a blast. I actually put fourth the time and effort to create art, and great things came of it. I worked with metal for the first time (actually really cool), worked with pottery( long and drawn out but I loved the results), and created a book of all my sketches from this year - which I will probably be doing again.

I have to say I have never really experienced a class quite like Mrs. Kiick's. I always took the generic art classes in elementary school and middle school; but this class I actually wanted to be in. I am happy I took this art class - for I have improved an incredible amount over the period of just a year.

This year I learned how to actually color things in instead of just making outline sketches. Personally I absolutely love transferring. I found i am actually good at it - and the effect it gives to a paper is amazing. Most of my projects have some kind of transfer in them from this year. The other thing I found amazing to work with is watercolor. I love the faded/ pastel look the water color goes to things, as well as the blurry edge. I definitely will be using it over the summer on personal projects.

The end of this year is kind of bittersweet, as i will most likely not be returning to HTHS in the fall. I am transferring to a private school up more in Central Jersey. I will honestly miss Mrs. Kiick's class the most out of all my classes - mostly because I had so much fun in that class. Everything I learned I will take with me though - I am so glad i had the opportunity to take this class.

My favorites from this year!

Metal Work 
Midterm
Natural World Sketch
Pottery - Back 

No comments:

Post a Comment